Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Got a feeling 2010 is gonna be a good year.

So February has been great for me so far; I had a decent tax return, I have a steady job with fair pay, and I've found more rares in Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2 Plus in this month than I have in the seven prior years I spent playing it (see: Maximum lvl).

Oh yeah, I've also broken 200 hits between my four blogs, and the month still isn't over. I'm determined to make $100 from AdSense/AdSense alternatives (such as Infolinks) by the end of the year, so this is certainly decent progress so far (in my opinion).

It can be hard getting traffic initially, but I've found some websites that will get your blog indexed by Google quicker and hopefully improve your search engine result positions.

-Blog Directories-
BlogCatalog
MyBlogLog
Technorati
Blogged

Blog directories are good for networking your blog with thousands of other blogs. You'll want to make an account with the name of your blog, because you want your brand name in as many places as possible.

-Other-
Change Detection

Change Detection is a useful site that monitors whatever web pages you set, and then notifies you by email whenever it...erm...detects a change. So, say you tell it to follow your blog. Every time you make a post, CD sends you an email letting you know about it, and what the details are. This in turn gets you noticed by search engines.

I'm finding more methods all the time, and I'll post them here after trying them out for myself. Stay tuned, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment