Friday, February 19, 2010

Babel Fish Blunders #2

Let me start off by revealing the source of last weeks Mystery Text: "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson. Congrats to the potential readers that would've gotten this, had anyone actually read it. Also, I'd like to note that the Babel Fish translator is a very useful and well-programmed tool. These translations could very well be made by any program of the sort; it's only natural that there would be confusion when translating from one language to several others. That being said, it's simply my tool of choice. Moving on, it's time for some more screwed up translations!

English Text #3:
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you do NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Babel Fish'd:
First rule of fight club is as follows: Fight club you have not expressed. 2nd rule of fight club is as follows: Fight club you have not expressed. 3rd rule of fight club: Someone softly goes, hits stop, it finished fighting, you shout. 4th rule: Just 2 people to fight. 5th rule: At one time one fight, farmer. 6th rule: The shirt it is not, there are no shoes. 7th rule: If fight becomes, it continues. And 8th and final rule: This fights and if in club your first night, must fight.

Source: Fight Club, obviously.

English Text #4: I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any g*dd*mn stupid useless conversations with anybody.

Babel Fish'd: As for me what kind of I' You thought whether; There was d, I' d shakes those deaf-mute people who are my 1. The method I wouldn' In t there must be original g*dd*mn foolish needless conversation with someone.

Source: J.D. Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye".

Mystery Text #2: It' s Chicago, we' To 106 miles; As for ve complete tank of gas, cigarattes and it' Pack half was obtained 1; Darkness and we' of s; The sunglasses which have been attached to the re-body.

Hint: From a movie with one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment