Saturday, February 13, 2010

Babel Fish Blunders #1

I plan to do a segment like this every week, where I take quotes, lyrics and literature at random and use the Babel Fish translator to translate them into Japanese, and then back into English. The results will look something like this:

English text: Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.
English to Japanese: これは実質生命あるか。 これはちょうど想像であるか。 地すべりでつかまえられる、現実からの脱出無し。
Japanese back to English: As for this is there a substantial life? Is this exactly the imagination? It is caught in the landslide, there is no escaping from actuality.

There are funnier quotes I could choose, but you get the idea. Also, look for the mystery quote of the week. Winner gets...erm, recognition for finding the quote, in addition to the embarrassment of being exposed as a reader of my blog. Well, here we go.

English text #1: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

English to Japanese:
私はどんなyou'か知っている; 再考えること。 " 彼は6つの打撃か5つだけを始動させたか。" それで、実を言うと、すべてのこの興奮で私はちょっとトラックを自分自身失った。しかしこれがマグナムびん.44本、世界の最も強力な拳銃、あなたの頭部を吹くのであって、you'きれいにしなさい; veはあなた自身に1つの質問をすることを得た: 私は幸運に感じるか。 それで、ya、パンクはか。

Japanese back to English: As for me what kind of you' You have known whether; Reconsideration obtain. " Did he six shocks make just five start? " When with that, it is the truth, I by my lost the just a little track/truck with all this excitation. But this the magnum bottle .44 book, the most powerful handgun of the world, blows your head, you' Make clean; ve obtained the fact that it asks 1 in you yourself: Am I moved by fortunately? With that, as for ya and flat tire?

English text #2: I'm just watching a bad dream I never wake up from.

English to Japanese: I' 私が決してから目覚めない悪い夢を見るちょうどm。

Japanese back to English: I' Exactly m where you look at the bad dream where I do not awake the empty under any condition.

Mystery text #1: As for [birijin] She' which is not my sweetheart; As for s exactly girl I you insist am 1 years old, but she who is not child my son thing me is 1 years old, but it means that the child is not my son

Hint #1: The Mystery text is from a popular song, whose composer is no longer among the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment